Wednesday 17 July 2013

Turquoise AGAIN?

So I didn't get much sleep yesterday. About 3 hours maybe? Why? Because I was recolouring my hair. Yes, again. I just re-dyed my hair a while ago.. here. But it faded to this really... mossy, disgusting, seaweed-green colour. It was terrible. This was before I dyed it again:


It looks really hideous. ~_~

So I went to re-dye it again! With the same hair dye - Manic Panic Atomic Turquoise - as last time. There's a difference this time: I bleached my hair. I didn't bleach it last time because of various reasons, but this time I decided that the colour is not going to come out because of the green-ish base, so I bleached it using GATSBY ex-hi colour.

(not my picture. from here.)

I didn't take a picture of the bleach because when I remembered, I already used the stuff (LOL). Anyway, I bleached it twice because the green didn't fully come out the first round. What's good about this is that even before I finished putting bleach in the first round, the parts of my hair that used to be red, already started showing. (You can see the photos here.) Which means, it's really awesome!

The only issue I had was that because I bleached my hair without assistance from others, the hair touched my neck and the bleach made my skin a little irritated. Other than that, I thought it was quite effective. If I'm not wrong, I needed 2 boxes of it, but I only had 1 so the colour didn't really come out fully.

After 1st round of bleaching:


The colour is more or less bleached out. The red was really difficult to get rid of, though! My friend told me red, green and blue is the hardest to get rid of. ... And I had to choose those to dye my hair with. ORZ

After 2nd round of bleaching:


It reached a more golden colour at the bottom part of the hair. The top part is still reddish ): But after the second round, it turned out more like slightly faded hot pink. Oh well, the blue will definitely cover it anyway.

And after I dyed it:


It looks like Tarou's hair colour now (laugh). This is the colour that I wanted since the beginning when I dyed my hair. LOL. Said I'll get the same hair colour as him. 青コンビだからwww

The true colour:


SHO PURRRRTEHHHHH! And the red is not visible :D I'm so in love with this colour right now. Left the hair dye on "overnight" (technically, only 5 hours, including 3 hours of sleep).

Overall, the Manic Panic hair dye was really easy to use and the colour comes out really well, provided you bleach it to a golden/silver colour. And the bleach was.. erm... it was relatively easy to use, but I like how strong the bleach is, to get the colours out of my hair quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment