Saturday 6 July 2013

Industrial/Scaffold & ... FAINTING??

I'm back from this short break. Have been slacking off school work for the whole week now because of.. Well, a lot of things happened. Anyway, if you've read this blog post, you'd have known that I was going to get another piercing. I got an industrial/scaffold piercing. This post will basically be on the whole experience.

And yes, the experience is worth a whole blog post.

If I said that my first helix was the worst piercing experience ever, I was dead wrong. My industrial was such a bad experience that I almost thought that I'd die. Not joking.

I went to meet Debbie in the afternoon after I prepared for cosfest and everything, but I didn't have the time to eat. (Take note of this because it's the main reason why it was a bad experience.) Debbie was late but I waited since it was just a little. We met at around 2.15pm? And headed to the piercing shop together, because she wanted to change her barbell to a longer one. (She got her industrial last Friday.)

When I was there, another girl came in and I recognized her. She was from the same primary school as me LOL. Back to the story, everything was going well right? So the lady helped me pierce and the pain was INSANE. Scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the most painful, the pain level easily reaches a 7.5 to 8/10! Compared to lobe and helix, lobe was a 1/10; first helix was a 1/10, second helix was a 3/10 at most 4/10. The industrial hurt so bad! Debbie said hers was only painful when they pierced the first one, but she didn't feel the second one. I FELT BOTH. Because after the first one, it was already painful and the second one was the killer.

And the lady dropped the stud when she was screwing the barbell on. So I had to hold there for another like.. 20 seconds? It was damn terrible. I've never felt so much pain before. For the previous piercings, it was really like chicken feed uh. Totally painless. Well, maybe not totally painless because the second helix was quite painful.

This is the part where it gets interesting. After I finished piercing, I felt dizzy. I thought I could hold it but no. The lady was holding my shoulder and patting my back, and Debbie was holding my right shoulder. I felt totally WEAK TO THE BONE. But I could still think. So I stretched my arm out and held the shelf in front of me so I wouldn't fall, and I can get some stability, and I have no idea why, this whole story played in my mind. It was kind of like a dream? I couldn't remember what it was about but anyway, it was a long story. The lady pat me on the back again and asked if I was alright and I "awoke" from my "dream". I asked Debbie it I conked out for long, she said "maybe around 10 seconds but that's all". How did a whole story form in that 10 seconds, I have no idea.

Then, they helped me to the floor and I sat down. The lady was super nice and gave me water, put some medicated oil on my philtrum and my temples. Felt way better after sitting down. Think my blood  sugar level was low or something. Can't believe I fainted from a piercing =_= Main reason was because I didn't eat. Heck, how important is eating, right? WRONG. It's so important that it prevents you from fainting because of the sudden extreme pain.

Now, back to the beginning of the story, remember that girl from my primary school? She was there for an industrial too. She was actually afraid that she will feel the same as me (and faint), but the lady reassured her that if she ate lunch, it'd be fine. So she went ahead and got it. She was perfectly fine, though! Why? Because she wasn't as dumb as me to skip meals. I skipped 2 meals by the way. Breakfast and lunch. So can you imagine how low my blood sugar level is?

I got this from Wikipedia:
"Glucose levels are usually lowest in the morning, before the first meal of the day (termed "the fasting level"), and rise after meals for an hour or two"
 See? And because I skipped 2 meals, it's really low.

Also from Wikipedia:
"Symptoms may include lethargy, impaired mental functioning; irritability; shaking, twitching, weakness in arm and leg muscles; pale complexion; sweating; paranoid or aggressive mentality and loss of consciousness."
I was feeling really tired the whole day, felt weak, weakness in arm and leg muscles, and I fainted. Enough symptoms? Yup, definitely enough.

After the piercing, we went to have lunch. By the time we ate, it was already 3pm. I was actually in the piercing shop for a while because I was stupid enough to not eat. Well, I was already late by 1.5 hours and I don't wanna be even more late. Besides, I didn't even know it was possible to faint just because I didn't eat. Proves how smart I am, huh.

I honestly thought I was going to die when I was losing consciousness. Now I understand why people say that when you die, your life story flashes before you. The only thing that I could think of before I fainted was this - I haven't married K yet. I can't die now.

Smart, right? Thinking of someone who I've only met once, and talked to for 30 seconds at a time like that. I doubt he even remembers me. Sometimes I really wonder what I'm doing with my life.

The industrial hurt so much for the whole day yesterday and I really freaked out. I can't even believe it until now. It swelled a bit but I couldn't wear my spects ): I immediately iced it when I reached home yesterday. The swelling went down enough for me to wear my spects and it doesn't hurt anymore but it's a bit bruised... and obviously, it still hurt if it touches something. My hair got caught this morning but thank god, I was careful with it and didn't pull it or anything.

Just hope that the new piercings heal soon. Woke up this morning with my second helix sore and hurting like crazy. I iced both piercings a bit before I went to sleep yesterday and seemed fine. I think maybe I slept on my second helix by accident. Sigh. Oh well.

But the industrial is going to take at least 6 months to heal. Only yesterday did I find out that helix piercings take about 6 - 12 months to fully heal. My first helix piercing healed in at most 2 weeks. What. I couldn't even feel any pain on the second day and I've had it for 8 months now and it hasn't given me any problem since day 2. And not to mention that it was done with a gun, which is not the correct way that you should pierce your cartilage. I also read that it takes a week before the swelling goes down and the second week onwards should be fine. I wonder what happened to my first helix then...

My industrial still looks a bit bruised but it should be fine soon. I think there's dried blood o_O



Note to self: Get sea salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment